Couples who divorce through litigation are often anxious about the future and angry about the past. The tension and animosity that surround litigated divorce frequently result in drawn-out legal battles, vindictive behavior, and a lot of stress. But for many couples, the time, expense, and emotional strain of litigation is all unnecessary.
Our firm offers an alternative model. Collaborative divorce has a solution-focused structure that focuses on working together as a team to achieve the best outcome for everyone. In a non-adversarial environment, divorcing couples are encouraged to express their wants and needs, negotiate an arrangement, and resolve conflict without setting foot in court.
Stay in Control and Reach Your Goals
Unlike traditional divorce involving litigation, divorcing spouses have full control of the decisions made – rather than giving that control to a judge. With the support of our firm, you can work together to:
- Agree on the fair division of your assets quickly and effectively
- Solve problems jointly and ensure both your points-of-view are heard
- Restructure and preserve your future relationship as ex-spouses
- Prevent an exhausting, drawn-out process, a public court hearing, and unnecessary stress on you and your kids
- Maximize your financial outcome by avoiding court fees and other expenses
Reaching these goals starts with pledging to be part of a respectful process that leads to an out-of-court resolution. Doing so sets the tone for a neutral and productive divorce.